Security Settings Microsoft Windows
In this section you will find guidelines on Microsoft Security Settings. Additionally Microsoft are liable to charge for their telephone support hotline, where you will receive all round support concerning Microsoft products.
Windows System Security Settings
Please note: The above PDF "Microsoft Security Settings - Windows XP" is at the moment only available in the German language.
To view these files you will need a PDF-Reader, freeware: Foxit PDF Reader. A PDF-Reader is usually already installed.
Microsoft Security Support / Technical Support
Microsoft Support / Technical Support
You will find the Support-Hotline at the end of this page.
To prevent the re-infection of your computer please note these important rules:
- Check your computer for infection. Please use our EU-Cleaner to remove all malware.
- Install current Service Packs and Security Updates for your system. Activate automatic updates. Microsoft Instructions: Protect.
- Check your Internet browser and the embedded plugins (e.g. Java, Flash, Shockwave, Quicktime) regularly to make sure they are up to date. Browser- and Plugincheck
- Install a virus scanner, e.g. one that is mentioned here and update it regularly.
- Use a firewall e.g. built-in Windows firewall or a router. More Information about Firewalls..