DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD
It could happen that if your system is infected to such an extent that an Anti-Virus update is no longer possible, or infected files can no longer be deleted, then the DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD should be used. The CD will be able to remove malicious files from your system where conventional methods have failed.
Minimum Requirements for the DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD:
- 768 MB RAM
- CD/ DVD Drive
- Active Internet Connection (recommended)
Alternatively the DE-Cleaner Rescue System can be started from an USB-Stick. Here you can find a guideline on preparing the USB-Stick.
The System Rescue CD is provided with friendly support from
- To prevent any problems, please read and follow the instructions on DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD before downloading and running.
- Be sure to secure your personal data before you begin cleaning, i.e. graphics, documents, or videos. A guideline to securing your data you can find at Computerbild-Special: Backup.
- You will need a blank CD, a CD burner and a CD burning program. If you do not have a CD burning program, please install a program which is able to burn CD images, i.e the freeware version CDBurnerXP.
- Instructions on CD burning you will find here: Instructions image burning [pdf; 397KB]
You will have to eventually change the boot sequence, so that you PC starts from a CD drive and not from its hard drive:
Change Boot Sequence in BIOS [pdf; 778 KB]
- Once your computer has been checked by the System Rescue CD you should however scan your computer with an anti-virus product.
- If malicious files have been removed and your PC no longer starts, we suggest a new installation.
Be sure to secure your personal data before you begin cleaning, i.e. graphics, documents, or videos.
The following detailed instructions can also be downloaded as a PDF-Version:
Instructions DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD [pdf; ca. 864 KB; To date: 08.December 2010]
For viewing this file you will need a PDF Reader i.e., the freeware version Foxit PDF Reader. On most computers a PDF reader is already installed.
Instructions DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD
Starting from CD
Insert the DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD into the CD/ DVD drive and start your PC via CD drive. From the Start screen select "DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD".
Terms and Conditions
"Acknowledge" Terms and Conditions.
Update Virus Signatures. Click "Ok".
Start Virus Scanner
Switch to the "Virus scanner" tab and start a scan.
The DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD is scanning...
The search has finished. Malicious files have been renamed.
Congratulations! You have successfully used the DE-Cleaner System Rescue CD and have thereby made the most important step. Please follow our additional guidelines, especially our Prevention Measures at "Prevention".
To prevent a re-infection after a cleanup, please consider these important rules:
- Check your computer for infection. Please use the DE-Cleaner. Delete malicious files. - You have probably successfully completed this stage
- Install actual Service Packs and Security Updates for your system. Also activate automatic updates. Microsoft-Guidelines: Computer Protection.
- Install a Virus Scanner, e.g. one listed here and update it regularly.
- Use a Firewall e.g. Windows built-in firewall or a router. More Information about Firewalls.
To prevent the re-infection of your computer please note these important rules:
- Check your computer for infection. Please use our EU-Cleaner to remove all malware.
- Install current Service Packs and Security Updates for your system. Activate automatic updates. Microsoft Instructions: Protect.
- Check your Internet browser and the embedded plugins (e.g. Java, Flash, Shockwave, Quicktime) regularly to make sure they are up to date. Browser- and Plugincheck
- Install a virus scanner, e.g. one that is mentioned here and update it regularly.
- Use a firewall e.g. built-in Windows firewall or a router. More Information about Firewalls..