Alongside using our EU-Cleaner, it is advisable to examine your system with help from an online scanner. Online scanners have the advantage that they do not have to be installed and can be run straight from a browser.
Please note that an online scanner does not replace any permanently installed anti-virus software!
The examination by an online scanner can take several hours depending on configuration, the amount of data and the number of programs installed on your computer.
A selection of free online scanners:
To prevent the re-infection of your computer please note these important rules:
- Check your computer for infection. Please use our EU-Cleaner to remove all malware.
- Install current Service Packs and Security Updates for your system. Activate automatic updates. Microsoft Instructions: Protect.
- Check your Internet browser and the embedded plugins (e.g. Java, Flash, Shockwave, Quicktime) regularly to make sure they are up to date. Browser- and Plugincheck
- Install a virus scanner, e.g. one that is mentioned here and update it regularly.
- Use a firewall e.g. built-in Windows firewall or a router. More Information about Firewalls..